We at BranchTrack take your privacy seriously and take technical and organizational measures ensure that your data protection rights are respected both by us and by our partners.
Who is in charge of your personal data collection
We, BranchTrack SIA, Zemitāna iela 2b, Rīga, LV-1012, Latvia, registration No. 50103777981 (BranchTrack, “we”) are a controller of your personal data, i.e. we determine the purposes and means of your personal data processing and are responsible for its safety.
If you have questions or complaints about your personal data security, please contact us by mail [email protected].
What data we collect and process
You can browse our website without identifying yourself and without providing any data except automatically collected technical data about your computer and connection (see more below).
To use our website as a learner, your personal profile is created on the site, containing the following information that either is entered by you during the registration, or is provided by your employer:
- e-mail address;
- first name and the last name (we do not check whether they are your real name);
- organisation and the job title (we do not check their correctness);
- phone number (optional).
Note that we do not store your password in a readable form, only specific data allowing to check the correctness of an entered password (password’s hash function).
If you want, you may add your profile picture (being your actual portrait or not) for individualization of your representation.
If you contact us by e-mail, your e-mail address together with any other information included in the e-mail (e.g., your name, your account details) will be received and temporarily stored by us until the issue of your mail is solved.
Moreover, our servers automatically collect technical data about your computer and connection: browser type, operating system, IP address, time and date of your visits, statistical data on page views, traffic to and from other websites and standard web log information. The technical data is kept in a separate database. It is not linked directly to the data you provided (name, e-mail, etc.), only via a token which allows pseudonymization of your data.
Period of personal data storage
We store your personal data for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it is processed. Anonymized data (data that cannot be attributed to a particular person) may be kept for longer solely for research or statistical purposes.
- We store your account data until you or your employer asks us to delete your account; then we delete your account data. Data is deleted in 5 working days from the moment of receiving the request.
- Data received when you contact us by e-mail is stored until your question is resolved.
- Technical data about your computer and connection is deleted as soon as it is no longer needed.
- If some legal rules require keeping your data for longer periods, your data is stored for these periods.
- We may keep your data for longer periods if we reasonably predict that we may need it to establish or exercise our legal claims or defence ourselves against legal claims.
When we delete your data according to the rules above, we delete it from our operational databases. You data is not deleted specifically from technical backups, which are encrypted and secured; it is deleted permanently when these backups are deleted according to the general settings of the backup process.
What are the purposes of personal data collection and use
- We use your login and password to allow you to log in to the website.
- If you allowed us to do so during the registration on the website, we also use your e-mail address for sending you our newsletters.
- We use your name, organization and title provided so during the registration on the website for marketing and research purposes.
- When you use our website on request of your employer, we use you data to make your employer know that you have passed the chosen course.
- Pseudonymized aggregated information is used for consumer service control and website performance evaluation.
- We may also use your personal data in cases and in the ways required by applicable law and official authorities’ requests.
Can you refuse to provide us your personal data
Sure. But, if you choose not to provide us your personal data or provide fake data, we will not be able to connect you to the courses your employer ordered for you, or provide you customer service, newsletters, or other services. If you refuse to provide data during the profile registration, we will not be able to create your profile.
What are your rights towards your data
- You have a right to know what data about you we have, what are the sources of this data (if it was not submitted by you), whether it has been transferred to third parties and names of these parties. You have the right to receive your data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- If you find that some data is inaccurate or missing, you can require us to correct or supplement by data.
- You may require blocking or deletion of your data if you think its processing is unlawful or ungrounded or if you simply do not want it to be processed any longer.
- If you think your data protection rights are violated, you have a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority or to a court.
- You also have all other rights provided by General Data Protection Regulation and national law.
To exercise your rights, you need to write to [email protected]. Before answering your request, to make sure that we are not giving your data to another person, we will ask you to provide proofs of your identity.
We may reject your request only if we obliged to do so under the law. In this case, we will try to satisfy you as far as we are allowed, for example, by blocking your information instead of deletion.
You may delete your account at any moment. In this case, we will delete your registration data (name, e-mail, organization and job title, country, phone, and profile picture). Technical logs of actions under your actions on the site will not deleted, but their identification token will not be linked to any data allowing identifying you.
Parties that may be given access to your personal data
If you are using our site on request of your employer, your employer will get an access to the data about your actual registration on the website and your learning performance, including the fact of taking the course and your “grade” (if the course provide for grades).
We may use Google Analytics services that collect and process data about how you use our website. Google Analytics receives from us no data that personally identifies you as an individual (name, e-mail address, shipping address). For more details, see Google policy “How Google uses data when you use our partners' sites or apps”.
Third parties that provide us with IT services (data storage, data processing, data backup, etc.) or e-mail marketing services may get access to your data to the extent required to deliver their services properly. We undertake to cooperate only with providers that have a sufficient data protection system, and who are located in EU/EEA/UK or provide appropriate safeguards (e.g. according to EU-US Privacy Shield).
Also, we are obliged to give your personal data to official authorities in the cases provided by the law, for example, for the purposes of a criminal investigation.
We use different security technologies to ensure security of your personal data. We offer secure “https” access to our website. Additionally, we regularly carry out monitoring of our systems in order to identify vulnerabilities and/or attacks. However, please note that despite the measures listed above, we cannot guarantee complete security of your personal information. Therefore, we strongly recommend you also take all possible precautions.
Note that, if you access our website from a shared device or a device in a public space (such as library, or Internet café), some information may also be available to those individuals who use this device after you. If you use an open internet network (such as open Wi-Fi), the transmitted data may be available to other users of this network. We bear no responsibility for your data interception in these cases.
Your password is essential to the security of your account. We highly encourage to use unique letters, numbers, and characters and to never disclose your account password to anyone. If you decide to share your credentials (login, password) to another party, bear in mind that you are fully responsible for all actions that occur in your account, including legally binding actions that were carried out in your account on your behalf. If your credentials become known to a third party against your will, please notify us immediately so that we could take measures.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are downloaded on your device by websites that you visit and that allow a website to recognise your device. They are stored by each browser separately and contain information about how you use the website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit.
When you simply browse our website without registration, cookies allow us to see which articles, tools and topics are of most interest to you – and to improve our site subsequently to make it more useful and interesting to you.
Cookies make possible logging in to the site and staying logged in. They allow us to “remember” you and not ask for your login and password next time you visit our site
Cookies make possible to track your learning process: they “remember” what classes you have already passed.
- to ensure that the content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to keep your search settings in order to release you from repeating entering them in every new search;
- to prevent fraudulent activity and improve security;
- to comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
What type of cookies do we use?
Session cookies: cookies that allow us to link your actions only during a browser session. They are deleted when you close your browser. They include:
- performance cookies (built-in cookies which help to identify your browser type and to adjust the way the content is splayed to the browser settings, to make loading of content quicker, etc.);
- functionality cookies that remember your preferred currency and language, so you don’t need to set them again of every page;
- security cookies that remember that you are logged in during the session.
Persistent cookies: cookies that remain on your device for a set period of time specified in the cookie (persistent cookies). They are activated each time that you visit our site. They help the site to remember choices you make: your language settings, text size. These cookies help to improve your experience of a site by providing a more personalized service.
Google Analytics cookies: they provide a statistical analysis that help us understand how people use our site. These cookies collect information in an anonymous form. Examples of information collected by Google Analytics: the number of visitors to the site, countries and places from where visitors have come to the site, how much time each visitor spent on the site, type of browser the visitor used and the pages they visited.
You can opt out of providing us with this information if you wish, with no impact on your experience of our site. For more information about Google Analytics, including how you can manage your settings and opt out of this feature, please visit Google Analytics Help: Safeguarding your data.
See more on what are cookies, their types and managing on All About Cookies website.
How to change your cookie settings?
If you do not want your browser to store cookies – or some particular kinds of cookies – any more, or if you want to delete previously saved cookies or to change other settings, most modern browsers will allow you to delete cookies, block cookies, or choose what cookies are stored in the future.
Look at your browser's “help” function to find out how to do this. Or see the details on how to manage cookies in major web browsers:
Please note that if you change your browser settings to block all cookies, you may not be able to access all or parts of our website.